Come and Experience
Our Idyllic Surroundings
The Three Yorkshire Peaks
Being a “Three Peaks Village” we have direct access via the village and nature trail past Ingleborough Cave & Gaping Ghyll directly to the summit of Ingleborough . If you are attempting the Three Peaks Challenge, we are only a 12 min car ride from the starting point of Horton-In-Ribblesdale. Walk to Trow Ghyll and over to the amazing Norber Eratics or simply relax by the river and watch the world go by. For the walkers amongst you, we have everything you need including Maps, Compass’s plus Foot & Insect creams
We offer early morning breakfast (on request with notice) plus packed lunches (again with notice).
We also provide boot trays in each room plus a wet room for all your dreaded wet weather gear.
- Ingleborough – Only 6 miles to the top.
- Ingleborough Cave – a gentle walk of 1 ½ miles from the New Inn.
- Trow Gill and Gaping Gill – a further 10 minutes walk up the valley from the cave.
- Settle & Carlisle Steam Railway – Departs Long Preston (near Settle) every Wednesday.
- Bolton Abbey Steam Railway – About 18 miles south, departs every day in summer.
- White Scar Cave – The longest show cave in Britain – 6 miles north of Clapham
- Settle Markets – every Tuesday.
- Austwick – an easy 1 mile walk to this historic village
- Falconry Centre – 3 miles south conveniently located on the A65.
For more information about the Yorkshire Three Peaks, check out Think Adventure for route, equipment, walk-through guide and frequently asked questions.
Golf Courses – Conveniently located
Yorkshire & Cumbria offer some of the most scenic golf courses in England. Play the very challenging Kirkby Lonsdale with stunning scenery or the breathtaking Bentham Course with views to the Lake District & beyond. Both Courses are 18 holes and only 12 minutes from the New Inn. We offer storage for your clubs and can arrange packages with either courses.
We are in the perfect location for cyclists travelling the Way of the Roses cycling route. We have a dedicated and secure cycle shed, are happy to stow any luggage you may want to send ahead and can provide packed lunches for your journey.
The “Glorious 12th”. A haven for shooting parties, The New Inn is centrally located to some of the best game areas in the North of England. We provide gun locker storage and picnic lunches if required. After a successful day, come back and enjoy our wide range of Award Winning Whiskeys and Spirits.